Tuesday, June 10, 2014

REVIEW: Hair Falling Flat? Buy it a Cup of Coffee

I heard once that caffeine can kind of 'prop up' fine hair at the root, giving it lots of volume, but I wasn't sure how exactly to apply it. Intravenously? Like a hair mask? Just...drink a lot of it? None of those ideas sounded either positive or FDA-approved, so I forgot all about it.

As I perused my local Rite-Aid, the rainforest-green bottle was the first thing that caught my eye. "Thicker Fuller Hair," it's called. It was a serum that looked so thick a Pepperidge Farm Pirouette could probably stand up in it. It sounded straightforward enough so I bought it. The first time I tried it after a shower, I noticed the consistency and was a bit worried: it felt very like a gel, which weighs down my fine hair like an anvil. I didn't have the time to wash it out so I shrugged and blew it dry, blazing a trail where I had never gone before.

If you want lift at the roots, push through your doubts and try Thicker Fuller Hair's serum. I don't know if it's the caffeine or the plant extracts, but as soon as I finished blow-drying, I looked like I'd taken a round brush to it. Running my hands through my mane, I definitely noticed a difference; it had texture to it and a lot of body. My ends did look thicker, but not by much; this serum focuses mainly on the roots. The smell is strongly organic in the bottle, but I don't notice any residual fragrance on my dry hair, which, to be honest, is a relief; I prefer the smell of my shampoo. It's not expensive: $7.49 a bottle where I live, although I use several pumps a day for my length. If your hair is shorter, a bottle will probably last you longer.

I will personally be stocking up on the Thicker Fuller Hair serum. I am really pleased with it. My hair is definitely thicker-looking than it used to be, and that is all I ask of the world.

Have you tried Thicker Fuller Hair products? Did they work for you? Let us know in the comments or by emailing the editor at caleigh.cross [a] gmail.com or find us on Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment