Thursday, May 8, 2014

Going to Great Lengths: Growing Your Fine Hair with Emily Mason

Emily curls her hair with our no-heat method to give it volume.

I was in high school when I decided to stop my annual, traditional shoulder-length cut and tried to imagine myself with long hair. My mother had long hair at my age so I decided it might be a good look for me, too. Mind you, this did not happen overnight; I have been growing my hair out for three years and tending to it in new ways as it grows. I had first trimmed the bottom of where my then highlights were still visible to get rid of the dead hair and occasionally will get a small trim to remove split ends.

As of today, I realize how much my hair-care situation has changed. My hair does seem to get in the way at times and turns up almost everywhere as I tend to lose pieces. Even my shower time is longer, since I always need the extra time to wash my hair. As for my tactics for hair-care, I tend to wash it every other day. On the first day, I usually stick it up in a ponytail or bun to keep it fairly healthy looking on the second day, when I usually wear it down. I enjoy being creative with my hair, getting some ideas from my favourite magazine and attempting them on my own. That said, I do enjoy just styling my hair the natural way. I do not ever straighten my hair, but will admit to occasionally curling it. As everyone understands, having it plain and simple is just easier when I’m in a rush! I always brush my hair daily

Surprisingly, having long hair is not too much work, it just requires patience and learning about what your hair type is like and how it works best. In the long run, it is worth it to see the end results.

Emily, 19

No comments:

Post a Comment